Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Horse With No Name

I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse.
~Ludwig Wittgenstein
If something unpleasant, annoying or just downright bad is going to happen, then it seems to happen to me. I admit that in my younger years I rode the trail of chaos much like a greenhorn. I was naive, highly sensitive and believed in life behind the white picket fence. I never ventured out beyond the idea of the white picket fence, and never pondered what happened to Cinderella after she married the prince.
Now, I am not so naive, live down the street and around the block from the picket fence, and no longer in my younger years, rather my "extraña" years. I have accepted that things happen in life...okay, rather...they "happen" to me. I may still ride the horse of adversity, and may still consider myself a bad rider, but the point is...I am still on the horse.
For instance--this week is Spring Break. So far this week I have had my brake system go out, my microwave blew up, I killed a chicken...okay it was actually already dead...rather I burned a chicken, and the funny thing is...much like the lyrics of the song, "I've been through the desert on a horse with no name...It felt good to be out of the rain"...I am thankful for our home and having that roof over our heads...especially since it rained, and rained....and rained. It is still raining tonight.
I'm good--life's good. I'm checking my no named horse's bridle, and will mosey along....no spurs necessary.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, I'm your first follower! I love the way you write, and I remember well the sensitive girl who believed in the white picket fence. Life gets interesting, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, life is unscripted, and most times you just fly by the seat of your pants! Thanks for the comment, and welcome to Strange Trees :-)

    ReplyDelete