Friday, April 1, 2011

NaBloPoMo 1



Today's Writing prompt: "What are you ready to let go of?"

"I like to give my inhibitions a bath now and then." ~Oliver Reed

I am ready to let go of my inhibitions. That negative part of myself that self criticizes, feels uncertain, and doubts. A close friend of mine laughs at how I manage to sabatoge myself. We have had long talks about childhood, personal relationships, and most importantly the fact that men are not from Mars afterall... they are just down the street, and around the corner... we just didn't know it.

It sounds easy to be able to just live freely without any self doubt. Look closely...yep... there it is, that little varmit, self esteem. It is elusive at times. I can't seem to grab hold of it all the time, as it seems to float away. Since April's NaBloPoMo theme is "Sprout", I thought it rather good to start off with my first post with a goal of mine for this month: To sprout wings of self esteem and fly. Destination... open heart.

Want to blog this month--every day? Go to NaBloPoMo to join April's blogroll.

3 comments:

  1. it's a funny thing, self esteem...I look at you and think, she's beautiful & smart and has two amazing kids, what's she got to have low self esteem about! Now I have something to have low self esteem about! I am ugly and fat and have a hole in my tummy and a big nose. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet...don't make me come out there and kick bootie!!! You are lovely, witty, talented, artistic, have wicked cool moxie and are just WICKED COOL.

    I see myself entirely different than you describe--except the amazing kids part! Yes, my kids are awesome:-)

    ReplyDelete