Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NaBloPoMo #13: Missed

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Who do you miss?

Last night I had a dream about my home town. I dreamed I was at the old house I grew up in and it was dark, empty and dusty. I then walked down Ray Lane around the corner to my Mom's best friend's house. The Ogilvie house still stood, and I could tell someone was inside. As I reached up to knock on the door, Sharon answered. She was older, but had the same warm smile. She ushered me in and began to tell stories about herself and Mom. She pulled out a photo album and shared pictures. In my dream I instantly felt that pain in my heart of loss. I missed her. I missed my Mom. Sharon told me not to worry, I was supposed to see her soon. I woke up and felt that same pain...loss...memories flooding my mind, for a few moments...then I felt at peace. I miss Momma.


JOIN HERE: National Blog Posting Month

2 comments:

  1. that's a bit scary, tho..."see her soon"???

    On another note, i've been wanting to go visit my Mom's friend, she calls me from time to time, but I hesitate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...the word I had to type to verify my post was "cofyin" !!!

    ReplyDelete