Thursday, April 14, 2011

NaBloPoMo #14: Scariest !

Thursday, April 14, 2011

What is the scariest thing you've ever done?

The scariest thing I ever did was in college. I did a photo project of a KKK rally. In February, 1988, a KKK rally was coordinated at the federal courthouse in Fort Smith, Arkansas. At this event was a large number of Skinheads used as the muscle and "bouncers" of the demonstration. I remember feeling like I was in a sea of hate and anger. I was surrounded by tall, pale, bald men. I think at one point, I held my breath, as the leader of the group turned his head and stared at me and the camera in my hand. I didn't budge from my angle, took some quick shots, then stepped back into the crowd and tried to blend. I got some great shots, and my teacher was happy --- I, on the other hand, was scared for days.

1 comment:

  1. I visited DC somewhere around that same time frame and saw a KKK rally ... strange, weird folks.

    ReplyDelete