Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NaBloPoMo 27: Play Time

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Which piece of playground equipment would you go to first as a child -- the slides or the swings?

Though our little elementary school in NW Arkansas certainly had a playground equipped with swings, monkey bars, see-saws and one big, shiny slide....it was where I went when at home that I loved the best! At the end of Ray Lane was a sweet, elderly woman, Mrs. Ogilvie, that my Momma would go visit. She had the best backyard! I remember it was filled with berry bushes, honeysuckle and an old tree with a tire swing. While my Momma sat inside visiting, I would go outside and swing--swing---swing!!! I miss those times, when life was simple, and good neighbors were your best friends.

Join in for next month's blogging at: NaBloPoMo

2 comments:

  1. I'd choose the swing, too! Feels so good flying through the air :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL hit the swings. They're the best.

    ReplyDelete