Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NaBloPoMo 20: Magic

Tell about a time that made you believe that magic was real.


When you first fall in love there is this unspoken sense of superpower. The feeling reminds me of an invisible surge of inner energy. You are suddenly weightless in the world. You have a heightened sense of awareness, your thoughts become selfless as the other person fills your mind. Moments of connection through shared thoughts and dreams, laughter and nostalgia bring about a feeling like none other. Have you ever experienced sparks when you touch hands? It makes you believe that there is real magic happening. I have felt this once is my life. I was not standing on carpet...there was not static in my hair. I can tell you that it was phenomenal!


We all want to fall in love. Why?
Because that experience makes us feel completely alive,
where every sense is heightened,
and every emotion is magnified.
Our everyday reality is shattered
and we are flying into the heavens.
It may only last a moment, an hour, or an afternoon,
but that doesn't diminish its value,
because we are left with memories
that we treasure for the rest of our lives.
~From the movie The Mirror Has Two Faces


JOIN HERE: National Blog Posting Month

2 comments:

  1. I guess I have felt love... I was never quite sure:-) Stop in & read The Magic Piggy Bank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the feeling :-) I can see why some folks get addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete